HakaGerodur AG receives a 2017 European Geothermal Innovation Award
- HakaGerodur AG (Switzerland), was awarded for the pressure-resistant borehole heat exchanger (BHE) for difficult geological conditions and applications up to 320m.
The European Geothermal Innovation Award is given to companies which have made an outstanding contribution towards the field of geothermal energy in the form of innovative products, scientific research or project initiatives.
The award was given to the pressure-resistant borehole heat exchanger (BHE) product GEROtherm® FLUX which offers combined advantages including pressure-resistance up to 320m, optimized hydraulic pressure loss and manufactured as a full plastic solution.
Advantages of GEROtherm® FLUX at a glance:
- Optimised hydraulic pressure loss
- Inside pressure-resistant up to 32 bar
- Significantly improved buckling pressure resistant in lower section
- Maximum diagonal dimension together with PUSH GEROtherm® PUSH of 121mm
- 100% plastic material
- Installation conditions similar to those of standard probes
- Use of conventional tools
- Patent no. EP 2 706 308
Designed as an opportunity for industry peers to acknowledge innovation, and for the most exciting ideas to be widely publicised, the European Geothermal Innovation Award is the seal of excellence applied to the most intelligent and important ideas in research and industry which will play a key role in the future development of geothermal energy. Nominations for the award are assessed on grounds of originality, innovation, reliability, reduction of emissions, and improvements in energy output.
. . . . . . . . .
Polybutene-1 is often referred to as Polybutene, Polybutylene, PB-1 or PB.
Polybutene-1 is not sold by PBPSA members for use in pipe applications intended for use in North America, and those parties require their customers or distributors not to sell products made from PB-1 into pipe applications for North America.