PB-1 piping material
High performance piping system with an exceptional long lifetime.
Polybutene-1 (PB-1) has been successfully used in pipe applications for over 50 years. PB-1 piping systems have demonstrated their exceptional long-life performance in demanding industrial, large-scale and domestic applications.
Polybutene-1 is your fast & flexible friend!
PB-1 is the flexible and durable plastic pipe for multi-purpose building and industrial applications.
PB-1 (Polybutene-1) is the most technically advanced material for hot and cold water pressurised piping systems. The main advantages of PB-1 are:
- Fast installation: flexible, lightweight, one-material piping and fitting system
- Cost saving: long lifetime, limited maintenance, less material needed due to reduced wall thickness
- High performance: extremely heat and pressure resistance
- Most sustainable solution: energy savings and less material waste during production, superior energy efficiency, minimal installation waste, end of life recycling
- Proven technology: sucesfully used in pipe applications in Europe for over 50 years, installations from 70's still operating efficiently today
A wide range of applications; for multi-purpose building and industrial applications.
Polybutene-1 piping systems have demonstrated their exceptional performance in a variety of demanding long-term applications and have found broad acceptance amongst engineers, architects, planners, building contractors and installers.
Polybutene-1 is a high-tech engineering material recognised as the most technically advanced choice for a wide variety of hot and cold pressurised piping systems applications:
PB-1 techical paper
The most technically advanced material for pressure piping.
PB-1 for high-rise buildings
Advantages for complex pressurised piping systems.
PB-1 compared to metals
PB-1 offers benefits across the full performance spectrum.
PB-1 compared to PEX & PE-RT
Advantages for pressure piping systems.
More information about PB-1 piping systems?
For all enquiries or comments to the Polybutene Piping Systems Association (PBPSA), please leave us a message. Enquiries concerning branded products, please contact one of the individual PBPSA members.