The five-star hotel Castle Topacz, including a restaurant and swimming pool was in need of reconstruction. As an integral part of that project planning the boiler room had to be connected with the redesigned building, where the boiler room is on the first floor of the castle.
With the support of Thermaflex, an efficient, reliable Flexalen distribution piping network made from Polybutene-1 for the central heating, potable hot water and process heat was effectively realized.
- Create a reliable, long-lasting solution for the central heating, potable water and process heat between the boiler room and the redesigned building and facilities
- Use of a modern, safe and sustainable technology
- Minimize heat loss during transmission
- Set an optimal path between buildings, with minimal damage to the historical site
- Network efficiency at the highest level
• 600m² of recreational area
• 100m of Flexalen 600 pipes
Within the redesigned building the ballroom was expanded within the facility, which now covers an area of over 600m². Additionally there are two new conference rooms, a restaurant, a spa and wellness area, a swimming pool and 12 luxury suites. The connection for the supply of these areas with heat and water was made with Flexalen 600 insulated piping made from Polybutene-1, which proved to be an easy and highly suitable solution.
The result is a durable and flexible network designed for the highest level of performance. The outstanding technical capabilities of the Polybutene pipe and the excellent bending radii were ideal for this project.
- Zamek Topacz Resort & Spa
- Viessmann (Manufacturer of boilers and heat pumps)
Regional Sales Manager
Sub.: Thermaflex Poland
. . . . . . . . .
Polybutene-1 is often referred to as Polybutene, Polybutylene, PB-1 or PB.
Polybutene-1 is not sold by PBPSA members for use in pipe applications intended for use in North America, and those parties require their customers or distributors not to sell products made from PB-1 into pipe applications for North America.